Žagarės šnektos ribos

Direct Link:
Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Straipsnis / Article
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Žagarės šnektos ribos
Alternative Title:
Boundaries of Žagarė local dialect
In the Journal:
Acta linguistica Lithuanica. 2018, t. 78, p. 135-148
Keywords:
LT
Vakarų aukštaičiai šiauliškiai; Žagarės šnektos ribos; Izoglosė; Kalbinis identitetas.
EN
Western Aukštaitian subdialect of Šiauliškiai; Boundaries of Žagarė local dialect; Isogloss; Linguistic identity.
Summary / Abstract:

LTStraipsnyje pirmą kartą apibrėžiamos Žagarės šnektos, esančios vakarų aukštaičių šiauliškių patarmės šiaurės vakarinėje dalyje, ribos. Primenama Žagarės ir jos apylinkių kultūrinė ir ekonominė praeitis, kuri turėjo įtakos susiformuoti to regiono gyventojų socialiniams tinklams ir kalbiniam identitetui. Remiantis Žagarės šnektos tarminiais įrašais, išryškinamos respondentų kalbinės nuostatos ir savivokos kaita. [Iš leidinio]

ENThe article highlights the major ethnic, religious, historical, economic and cultural phenomena of the town of Žagarė, being the centre of Žagarė local dialect, situated to the north-west of Joniškis, right near the Latvian border, which played an important role in shaping linguistic attitudes and self-esteem. Žagarė, as a single town, formed from Old Žagarė and New Žagarė, which are separated by the Švėtė River. Old Žagarė is situated on the left bank, whereas New Žagarė is located on the right bank. Driven by a strong economic growth, Žagarė was the major trade hub of North Lithuania drawing merchants from various places of Lithuania as well as Russia, Poland, England and Germany until the end of the 18th century. According to encyclopaedic publications, between 1897 and 1899 Žagarė was home to 820 craftsmen and 171 trade enterprises. There was a button workshop, a soap factory, 3 mills, 104 shops. Two Catholic churches, an Evangelical Lutheran church, a synagogue and an Orthodox church took care of the residents’ spiritual needs in Žagarė. In addition to a parish school, a government-run school was established in 1865. There were two Jewish schools, a Latvian school. A city school was opened in 1906; a government- run girls’ school was founded as well. A private trade school operated in Žagarė from 1909 to 1915. A printing house was established in 1909. The Dialect Archive of the Institute of the Lithuanian Language stores a number of records from Žagarė and its environs. The dialectal records under analysis were made in 1998, 1999, and 2003. The respondents of the older generation born between 1901 and 1936 had been interviewed. Based on these records, attempts were made to establish the boundaries of Žagarė local dialect. The drawn map shows that the northwestern boundary of Žagarė local dialect stretches along the Lithuanian-Latvian border.The eastern boundary of Žagarė local dialect meets Skaistgirys local dialect and goes near Stungiai and Veršiai. The southwestern boundary of Žagarė local dialect is drawn near Juodeikiai and Gaižaičiai, which are close to the boundary of Akmenė district. Part 2 of the Atlas of the Lithuanian Language dedicated to phonetics and the maps indicate that several isoglosses run outside Žagarė and across the boundaries of Skaistgirys local dialects: the pronunciation of the stem e, ei after the consonant l referred to as the hardening of e, ei in the chrestomathy of dialects (the isogloss stretches to Žagarė and runs close to Dilbinai and Dameliai), non-uniform expression of the quality of the vowel ė after the hardened consonant, and the replacement of pre-stress long ė, o, y, ū. [From the publication]

ISSN:
1648-4444
Related Publications:
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/74235
Updated:
2020-05-13 15:02:39
Metrics:
Views: 97
Export: