Statybos ir pertvarkymai XVIII a. antrosios pusės Kauno mieste

Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Knygos dalis / Part of the book
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Statybos ir pertvarkymai XVIII a. antrosios pusės Kauno mieste
Alternative Title:
Building and reconstructions in the second half of the 18th century Kaunas
In the Book:
Keywords:
LT
Kaunas; Miestiečiai; Magistratas; Statybos; Rotušė; Tiltai.
EN
Kaunas; Townspeople; Magistrates; Constructions; Town Hall; Bridges.
Summary / Abstract:

LTKaip kituose Lietuvos Didžiosios Kunigaikštystės miestuose, taip ir Kaune XVIII a. 8-io-ajame dešimtmečiais prasidėjo statybos ir pertvarkymai. 1780 m. kauniečiai pabaigė rotušės rekonstrukciją, 1786 m. užbaigė austerijos statybas, o 1794 m. pastatė pontoninj tiltą per Nemuną. Siekiant racionalizuoti miesto valdymą 1790 m. įvykdyta pastatų ir sklypų numeracija, karinių dalinių pageidavimu pasirodė reikalavimai nakties metu apšviesti svarbesnius pastatus. Statybas kauniečiai pradėjo patys, tačiau pertvarkymus mieste vykdė bendradarbiaudami su valstybinėmis institucijomis. [Iš leidinio]

ENIn the eight and tenth decades of the 18th century Kaunas, just like in other cities of the Commonwealth of Both Nations, constructions and reconstructions had become commonplace. Reconstruction of the Town Hall was initiated by the citizens of Kaunas due to its derelict condition. Lacking resources the first attempt to restore the Town Hall without engaging in any significant building work in 1763-1768 was not successful. On 27 June 1771 representatives of the people of Kaunas gathered for a meeting in the magistrature and by the majority vote decided to start reconstruction of the Town Hall using cash from city owned timber sale in Prussia. In 1773 it was decided to completely rebuild the Town Hall. Rebuilding had to begin with the tower. Intensive reconstruction was directed by architect Jonas Matekeris and lasted until 1780. In the course of the reconstruction the magistrature decided to purchase a tower clock from abroad (most likely in Prussia) to be installed in the tower of the Town Hall, which was nearing the end of the rebuilding process. The clock was delivered along with the bells in 1775 and installed in the tower somewhere in 1776-1777. Before inside works of the Town Hall were completed, after hearing repetitive complaints from travellers the magistrates of Kaunas decided to also build an inn for the town guests. The hope was to build the inn quickly and cheaply, using timber. However, the plans had to change with regard to the new policy by the central institutions of government stating that all buildings in towns had to be constructed from bricks. So, before the wooden inn was completed, the brick and mortar inn was started. The building and inside works lasted from 1781 to 178š. The building of the Kaunas Inn is linked with the state-wide programme of economic reforms in the Commonwealth of Both Nations in the second half of the 18th century, designed to transform towns in accordance with the principles of “general welfare". [...].

Related Publications:
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/57690
Updated:
2022-01-24 15:25:24
Metrics:
Views: 10
Export: