Kėdainių katalikų parapija XVII a.: parama ir konfliktai

Direct Link:
Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Straipsnis / Article
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Kėdainių katalikų parapija XVII a.: parama ir konfliktai
Alternative Title:
Kėdainiai Catholic parish in the 17th century: support and conflicts
In the Journal:
Istorija [History]. 2018, Nr. 109, p. 28-47
Keywords:
LT
1569-1795. Lietuva ATR laikotarpiu; 13 amžius - 1569. Lietuvos Didžioji Kunigaikštystė. LDK.
Summary / Abstract:

LTLietuvos Didžiosios Kunigaikštystės laikais Kėdainiai buvo daugiakultūris miestas, o nuo XVI a. antrosios pusės iki XVII a. pabaigos jame daugumą sudarė protestantai. Straipsnyje analizuojama XVII a. Kėdainių katalikų parapijos materialinė padėtis, santykiai su protestantais, katalikų tarpusavio santykiai. Siekiama atskleisti, su kokiomis problemomis susidurdavo katalikiškos parapijos klebonai, administruodami paribyje tarp Vilniaus ir Žemaičių vyskupijų, katalikų ir protestantų bendruomenių buvusią parapiją. Tyrimas atliktas pasinaudojus Kėdainių katalikų parapijos archyvo išlikusia medžiaga, vizitacijų ir inventorių duomenimis ir kitais rankraštiniais šaltiniais. [Iš leidinio]Reikšminiai žodžiai: Katalikai; Katalikų bažnyčia; Kėdainiai; Lietuvos Didžioji Kunigaikštystė (LDK; Grand Duchy of Lithuania; GDL); 17 amžius; Parapijos; Protestantai; 17 amžius; Švč. Trejybės ir šv. Jurgio parapija; 17th century; Catholics; Holy Trinity and Saint George Parish; Kėdainiai; Parish; Protestants; The Catholic Church; The Great Duchy of Lithuania; The Lithuanian XVII c. history.

ENThe article intends to show how parishioners supported Kėdainiai Holy Trinity and Saint George Church, what material, administrative and pastoral care related requirements were placed on priests, what conflicts used to arise and how they were solved in a multi-cultural parish. The research found that in the 17th century the Kėdainiai Catholic parish received its material support from the estate of Kunigiszki as well as the folwark of Boiany granted by Krzysztof Radziwiłł in 1627, the folwark of Paxteliszki bequeathed by the resident of Kėdainiai Kristina Paxtelowa in 1657 and the estate of Andrukiszki granted by the nobleman of Kaunas district, royal secretary, clerk of the Kaunas Castle Stefan Franciszek Medeksza in 1667. Several noblemen (Zabiełło, Szukszta, etc.) granted certain sums of money to the parish the recovery of which would sometimes even lead to court proceedings. Quite a few noblemen and townspeople (including the Gypsies of Kėdainiai) gave various liturgical objects to the church and decorated altars with votive offerings – the signs of gratitude for the mercies received. The study showed that a number of conflicts between Catholics and Protestants as well as within the Catholic community used to arise in the Holy Trinity and Saint George Parish. In the first half of the 17th century the Protestants of Kėdainiai restricted the organization of the major annual holiday of the Catholic parish – the Feast of Corpus Christi – in the city by not allowing to hold a procession from the church to the Town Hall Square and to have a divine service near the temporary altars set up in the city. In the second half of the 17th century the forces of Evangelicals reduced in the city, but Catholics engaged in conflicts among themselves over material valuables and the ways of expanding the Catholic faith in the city. The townspeople raised their requirements for the priest as regard. [From the publication]

DOI:
10.15823/istorija.2018.02
ISSN:
1392-0456; 2029-7181
Related Publications:
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/77996
Updated:
2022-01-24 06:52:17
Metrics:
Views: 54    Downloads: 18
Export: