Naujieji pavadinimai pagal lyties skirtumą

Direct Link:
Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Straipsnis / Article
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Naujieji pavadinimai pagal lyties skirtumą
Alternative Title:
New names based on gender attribution
In the Journal:
Acta linguistica Lithuanica. 2022, t. 87, p. 224-244
Keywords:
LT
Žodžių daryba. Žodžio dalys / Word formation. Parts of a word.
Summary / Abstract:

LTStraipsnyje darybiškai nagrinėjami lytį žymintys naujadarai, pateikti "Lietuvių kalbos naujažodžių duomenyne". Glaustai apžvelgiamas feministinis lingvistinis aktyvizmas (anglų k. "feminist linguistic activism") ir kalbos reforma (anglų k. "feminist language reform, gender-based language reform, non-sexist language reform" ir pan.), taip pat "Vilniaus universiteto lyčiai jautrios kalbos gairės", keliant hipotezę, kad tai galėjo turėti įtakos lytį žyminčių naujadarų kūrybai. Straipsnyje nustatomi tokių darinių produktyviausi darybos būdai ir priemonės; aprašoma, kiek ir kokių (stilistiškai žymėtų ar neutralių) naujųjų pavadinimų pagal lyties skirtumą daromasi su tradicinėmis ir naujoviškomis (šiai darybos kategorijai nebūdingomis) darybos priemonėmis; galiausiai pateikiama lytį rodančių naujadarų paplitimo internete statistika. Esminiai žodžiai: naujažodžiai, naujadarai, žodžių daryba, feministinis lingvistinis aktyvizmas, kalbos reforma. [Iš leidinio]

ENDuring the period of writing this article, 55 new entries of names based on gender attribution were made in the "Database of Lithuanian Neologisms" (DLN) (as of 5 May 2022, the DLN featured 7,691 language units). Such formations account for a fraction (0.7%) of all new lexis (both indigenous and borrowed). Most of the formations are inflective derivatives (80%; 44); the rest are suffixal derivatives (20%; 11). New coinages are made both with the traditional tools of formation, such as the ending '-ė' and the suffixes '-inas' and '-ienė', and the endings '-a, -as, -is', and '-ius' and the suffixes '-ūnas' and '-(i)ukas', which are not characteristic of this formational category. Even though the DLN was found to feature a broader range of formational tools used in the making of the names of masculine subjects, these are not productive. The Database’s gender-denominating new coinages are dominated by the names of feminine subjects (71%; 39), with the ending '-ė' as a tool of formation demonstrating the highest output. The names based on gender attribution that are featured in the Database are predominantly stylistically neutral and referential (74.5%; 41); formations that have a stylistic charge are much less common (25.5%; 14). This study of the usage of gender-denominating new coinages reveals that the public has been and is still making new names based on gender attribution as necessary (regardless of what is fashionable in language). The main reasons behind the appearance of such coinages are: (a) the need to denominate a new feminine profession, activity that was not there before or has been circumstantially in the province of men; (b) the need to demolish the exclusive bond between a particular term and the domain of men; and (c) a stylistic effect. Keywords: neologisms, new coinages, word-formation, feminist linguistic activism, language reform. [From the publication]

DOI:
10.35321/all87-11
ISSN:
1648-4444
Related Publications:
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/99460
Updated:
2023-07-11 09:38:32
Metrics:
Views: 34    Downloads: 6
Export: