Igno Končiaus keliais

Direct Link:
Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Straipsnis / Article
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Igno Končiaus keliais
Alternative Title:
Routes of Ignas Konèius
In the Journal:
Liaudies kultūra. 2005, Nr. 1, p. 46-52
Notes:
Reikšminiai žodžiai: Ignas Končius; Koplytėlės; Kryždirbystė; Kryžiai; Statistika; Žemaitija (Samogitia); Chapels; Cross-crafting; Crosses; Ignas Končius; Samogitia; Statistics.
Keywords:
LT
Ignas Končius; Koplytėlės; Kryždirbystė; Kryžiai / Crosses; Statistika.
EN
Chapels; Samogitia; Statistics.
Summary / Abstract:

ENThe outstanding professor Ignas Končius, who was a devoted lover of his country, as early as 1911 started "visiting" crosses and chapels of Þemaitija, his own region. Over the following year he travelled 900 kilometres. There was an abundance of monuments of small architecture in Lithuania at that time. Later, wars and the time itself made them rearer. In 1932 Konèius once again got interested in whether the monuments kept standing and how many of them remained unruined, and repeated the route of the year 1912. The successive disasters - wars, the Soviet occupation - kept damaging the monuments. In 1989 a few workers of the Art Museum of Lithuania - Dalia Bernotaitë-Beliauskienë, Linas Poškus and the authoress of this article embarked on the same kind of journey as the professor did. They set out on a travel through Þemaitija to see how many crosses and chapels survived. Only small part of the roads in Plungė and Kretinga districts were visited. This article provides the results of the journey. [From the publication]

ISSN:
0236-0551
Related Publications:
Mano eitasis kelias : atsiminimai / Ignas Končius. Vilnius : Lietuvos nacionalinis muziejus, 2001-2006. 2 d.
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/90076
Updated:
2022-02-21 12:29:11
Metrics:
Views: 6
Export: