Anykščių medinė pilis

Sklaidos publikacijos / Dissemination publications
Document Type:
Knyga / Book
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Anykščių medinė pilis
Alternative Title:
  • Wooden Castle of Anykščiai
  • Аникщяйский деревянный замок
Publication Data:
Utena : Utenos Indra, 2015.
16 p
Lietuvos istorija; Archeologija; Piliakalniai; Archeologiniai radiniai; Pilys.
The Lithuanian history; Archaeology; Mounds; Archaeological finds; Castles.
Summary / Abstract:

LT1990-2006 m. Šeimyniškėlių piliakalnyje buvo ištirtas 3846 m2 plotas - visa aikštelė, pylimų vidinės pusės, padaryti pylimų ir šlaitų pjūviai. Šiandien - tai plačiausiai tyrinėtas piliakalnis Lietuvoje. Per 17 tyrinėjimų sezonų surinkta 250 individualių metalinių, akmeninių bei molinių dirbinių, 1800 keramikos šukių, per tūkstantį gyvulių kaulų, aptikta 113 stulpaviečių, 11-12 krosnių, sudegusių medinių įtvirtinimų liekanų. Be to, 1993- 2010 m. buvo tyrinėjami ir šio piliakalnio papiliai: pirmajame (į šiaurės vakarus nuo piliakalnio) ištirtas 230 m2, antrajame - 304 m2 plotas. Visa tyrinėjimų metu rasta medžiaga priklauso dviem skirtingiems piliakalnio naudojimo etapams: XIII a. viduriui - antrajai pusei ir XIV a. pabaigai - XV a. pradžiai. Piliakalnio tyrinėjimų pabaiga atvėrė kelią kitam darbų etapui - medinei piliai projektuoti ir statyti piliakalnyje. [...]. [Iš straipsnio, p. 1]

ENDuring the period of 1990-2006, the archaeological research of the Šeimyniškėliai Hill-fort covered total area of 3846 m2, including the whole hilltop, inner slopes of the ramparts, as well as cross-sections of the ramparts and the slopes. For the moment, the Šeimyniškėliai Hill-fort is the most extensively researched hill-fort in Lithuania. During 17 research seasons 250 individual metal, stone and ceramic artefacts, 1800 ceramic shards, and over a thousand animal bones were collected and 113 postholes, 11-12 ovens and burned remains of wooden fortifications were found. Materials found during the excavations belong to two different periods of the hill-fort use: to the mid-13th and the late 14th - early 15th century. According to the dendroehronological dating of the wood sample taken at the foundation of a dam at the foot of the hill-fort, the castle was first constructed in 1232. The recent research enables to identify it as Voruta - the only castle of King Mindaugas mentioned in the sources, where he withstood the siege laid by his rival Tautvilas attack in 1251. After the death of Mindaugas in 1263, the castle was deserted; it was rebuilt only in the last quarter of the 14th century. During construction of the second castle the hilltop was flattened, the slopes were made steeper, the ramparts - considerably higher and fosses - deeper. Light drop-log walls were replaced by more reliable crib walls built constructing cribs next to each other. After Lithuania broke the might of the Teutonic Order in the Battle of Tannenberg in 1410 and concluded the peace of Melno in 1422, the castle lost importance and was deserted. Public life moved to Anykščiai, where the royal manor was established (known since 1440).In 1999 the declaration concerning construction of a wooden castle on the Šeimyniškėliai Hill-fort was signed in the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania. In 2001 the first construction of the future complex - the castle bridge across the Varelis Brook - was erected. In 2004 in the area of the outer bailey a wooden sightseeing tower was orected. It has an exposition and living archaeology lessons for schoolchildren are organised there. In 2004-2005 a study and an economic analysis for building the castle were prepared and the technical project was drawn. However, an aggressive campaign against the idea of the castle reconstruction in a local newspaper "Anykšta" forced the local municipality to cancel implementation of the project in 2006. Therefore, reconstruction of the Voruta Castle continues to be a dream. [From the publication]

Related Publications:
2020-10-13 18:53:14
Views: 74