Vilniaus universiteto botanikos sodas nuo 1781 m. iki šių dienų : keletas sodo istorijos štrichų

Direct Link:
Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Straipsnis / Article
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Vilniaus universiteto botanikos sodas nuo 1781 m. iki šių dienų: keletas sodo istorijos štrichų
Alternative Title:
Vilnius university botanical garden from 1781 to today: some facts about its history
In the Journal:
Acta Academiae Artium Vilnensis [AAAV]. 2018, t. 88/89, p. 263-277. Sodai: tradicijos, įvaizdžiai, simboliai Lietuvos kultūroje
Notes:
Reikšminiai žodžiai: Botanikos sodas; Veikla; Kolekcijos; Paveldas; Botanical garden; Activity; Collections; Heritage.
Keywords:
LT
Botanikos sodas; Kolekcijos; Paveldas / Heritage; Veikla.
EN
Activity; Botanical garden; Collections.
Summary / Abstract:

LTStraipsnyje aptariama Vilniaus universiteto botanikos sodo raida nuo įkūrimo 1781 m. iki mūsų dienų: pirmieji žingsniai – Medicinos kolegijos kiemelyje (dab. Pilies g. 22) (1781–1799) ir suklestėjimas Sereikiškėse (1799–1842), po beveik 77 m. pertraukos, nuo 1919 m., – Vingyje, o nuo 1974 m. – ir Kairėnuose. Pirmosios dvi vietos jau tik istorinės, nes sodui nebepriklauso. Sodas Vingyje ir Kairėnuose įsikūręs dvaro sodybose, tad įdomus ir kaip paveldo objektas – su IV–VI a. kapinynu, dviejų dvaro sodybų pastatais, parku ir tvenkiniais. [Iš leidinio]

ENEstablished in 1781, the Vilnius University Botanical Garden was subsequently situated in four different locations: a courtyard at 22 Pilies St. (1781–1799), Sereikiškės Park (1799–1842), Vingio Park, where its Vingio Department is currently based (since 1919), and Kairėnai (since 1974). The garden was founded by the French professor Jean Emmanuel Gilibert. From 1784 to 1787, it was headed by the famous German traveller and scholar Johann Georg Adam Forster. In the first half of the 19th century, the director of the garden was professor Stanisław Bonifacy Jundziłł. The Russian government closed the garden in 1842. In 1919, it was reopened as part of Stephen Báthory University in Vingio Park. In 1974, an additional area of 150 ha in Kairėnai was allocated to the garden. Today, the garden is the largest (199 ha) botanical garden in Lithuania, which has the richest collections (10,024 plant species in 2017). More than 450 species of vascular plants are found growing naturally in the garden (about 25 % of all Lithuanian flora species). The garden is also an interesting complex of historical (related to the history of the garden and its sites), archaeological (4th–6th century AD Baltic barrow in Kairėnai), architectural (the Kairėnai estate buildings and the Vingio estate remnants) and landscape (the Kairėnai park with a fourteen-pond system) heritage. It is a wonderful educational space where botanical and ecological knowledge is communicated to students, schoolchildren and adults through educational activities – guided tours, academic events, lectures, exhibitions, fairs and workshops. More than 86 thousand visitors were registered in the garden in 2017, and most of them were involved in educational activities. [From the publication]

ISSN:
1392-0316
Related Publications:
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/77531
Updated:
2019-09-17 08:58:17
Metrics:
Views: 22    Downloads: 11
Export: