Medvilionių dvaras: nuo bajorkaimio iki kultūros židinio

Direct Link:
Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Straipsnis / Article
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Medvilionių dvaras: nuo bajorkaimio iki kultūros židinio
Alternative Title:
Medvilioniai manor: from a manor village to a cultural centre
In the Journal:
Liaudies kultūra. 2016, Nr. 3, p. 54-68
Keywords:
LT
Goesai; Madvilioniai; Medvilionių dvaras; Von Goesai; Šiaurės Lietuva.
EN
Madvilioniai; Medvilioniai manor; North Lithuania; Northern Lithuania; The family of Goesas; Von Goesai.
Summary / Abstract:

LTŠiame straipsnyje pristatoma vieno įdomesnių Šiaurės Lietuvos dvarų – Medvilionių (Madvilionių) istorija. Išlikę duomenys atskleidžia ilgą šio dvaro raidą – nuo bajorkaimio iki dvaro, kuris XIX a. pabaigoje–XX a. pradžioje buvo svarbus kultūros ir švietimo židinys. 1992 m. uždarius jame veikusią mokyklą neprižiūrimas pastatas dėl aplinkos poveikio ir piktavalių savivalės sparčiai nyko. Nepaisant to, kad dvaro sodybos pastatas šiuo metu avarinės būklės, 2015 m. vietos valdžios netgi ketintas nugriauti1, kultūros žmonių jis yra mėgstamas, čia tebėra gyva prieš šimtmetį įsižiebusi tautinės kultūros, teatro, švietimo dvasia: vyksta poezijos skaitymai, teatrų pasirodymai, dvarų kultūros žaidimai, knygnešystės stovyklos, žygiai, koncertai, konferencijos. Tačiau ar dvarvietei, kaip kultūrinės atminties vietai, išsaugoti to pakanka?. [Iš leidinio]

ENThe article covers the history of Medvilioniai manor. At the end of the 19th c.−early 20th c. (to 1915), it was one of the centres of Northern Lithuania’s cultural, educational, national rebirth, This was the location of the first secret Lithuanian school in the Joniškis region (teacher – Teresė Goesaitė (1853–1911)), a library (books in Lithuania, Russian, Polish, French, various journals, newspapers; during the years of the press ban, it was a centre for the distribution of banned Lithuanian books (under the care of Povilas Višinskis (1875–1906)). Here young people would gather to discuss issues of Lithuanian identity, prepare plays. The lords of the manor supported the studies of talented individuals in Russia and foreign schools of higher education. Of the remaining buildings, the manor farmstead’s clay Fachwerk home is characteristic of the Kuršo province and Northern Lithuanian architecture; there are several other buildings still standing as well. In 1992, having closed down the primary school that had been set up there, the building was abandoned and destined for demolition, but under the care of the local community it was preserved and, in 2016, included in the Registry of Cultural Property. The first known mention of this place – in the 1775 registry of the Upytė district duma – Medvilioniai manor- village (Okolica Madwiłani). In 1790 this settlement (Okolica Mendwelany) belonged to Pranciškus Gosickus (Franciszek Gosicki) and Dominykas Buivydas (Dominik Buywid). In 1820, during the visitation of the Samogitian bishopric Joniškis deanery parishes at the Kriukiai parish, the Medvilioniai homestead was mentioned (Obręb Medwilany). In 1848, a registry of the manors in Panevėžys d. mentioned Mevilioniai akalica (ок. Медвиланы), its owner – the widow of Stanislovas Nagorskis, Emerencija (Emerencia Nahorska).The manor had 90 tithes of land. In 1864 it was purchased in an auction by Juozapas Nikodemas von Goesas (1805–1877), an active public and political figure who lived in Joniškis. In 1878 it was inherited by his son Stanislovas Juozapas von Goesas (1844–1916). The Goesai were an old noble family of Kuršo and Žiemgalė duchy, founded in Kuršo by Eberhard von Goes (circa 1540–1551, his wife – Elisabeth von Doenhoff), while in Livonia it was known as far back as the 14th−15th c. This noble line can be officially associated with the Swedish (from 1672) and Lithuanian (circa 1800, founded by Ewald, son of Hermann) van Goes. Their coat of arms – a shield, on its yellow background – a goat horn. In Lithuania the Goesai were known from 1800 – the Pašvitiniai church heritage books include information on the children of Ewald von Goes and Marijona Daunoravičiūtė: Jonas Martynas (1800), Baltramiejus (1802), Ferdinandas Teofilas (1804), Juozapas Nikodemas (1805). [From the publication]

ISSN:
0236-0551
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/67389
Updated:
2018-12-17 14:12:49
Metrics:
Views: 41    Downloads: 11
Export: