Veliuonos bažnyčios ir parapijos istorijos bruožai

Collection:
Mokslo publikacijos / Scientific publications
Document Type:
Knygos dalis / Part of the book
Language:
Lietuvių kalba / Lithuanian
Title:
Veliuonos bažnyčios ir parapijos istorijos bruožai
Alternative Title:
Features of the history of Veliuona church and parish
In the Book:
Keywords:
LT
15 amžius; 16 amžius; 17 amžius; 18 amžius; 19 amžius; 20 amžius; Veliuona; Lietuva (Lithuania); Bažnyčios istorija / Church history.
Summary / Abstract:

LTŽemaičių krikšto pradžia istorinėje ir populiarioje literatūroje priimta laikyti 1413 m. Ši data minima Jano Dlugošo (jan Dlugosz) „Kronikoje“, kai, anot kronikininko, įvyko Lietuvos didžiųjų kunigaikščių Jogailos ir Vytauto misijų kelionė į Žemaitiją, per kurią žemaičiams buvo paaiškinta, kad laikytis pagonybės yra gėdinga, taip pat buvo sugriauti pagonių aukurai ir iškirstos šventosios girios. Netrukus, kilus nesutarimams su Vokiečių ordinu, krikštas sustojo, o vyskupija nebuvo įsteigta. Svarbiausi Žemaičių krikšto įvykiai dėjosi 1417 m., kai Konstanco susirinkimo įgaliotiniai Lvovo arkivyskupas Jonas ir Vilniaus vyskupas Petras per beveik tris mėnesius atliko jiems pavestą misiją - krikštijo krašto gyventojus, konsekravo pirmąjį Žemaičių vyskupą Motiejui, įsteigė Medininkų (Žemaičių) vyskupiją, Medininkų katedrą ir parapines bažnyčias Žemaitijoje - kaip spėjama, svarbiausiuose žemių centruose, tarp jų ir Veliuonoje. Jos egzistavimą paliudijajono iš Posilgės kronikos duomenys. Vyskupų teigimu, pirmosios bažnyčios buvo pastatytos ir aprūpintos Jogailos ir Vytauto pastangomis. Taigi parapijas steigė vyskupai, o bažnyčias statė ir jų tarnų išlaikymą fundavo kilmingieji - šiuo atveju valdovai. [Iš straipsnio, p. 12]

ENVeliuona parish was one of the first established in Samogitia. The first church in Veliuona was built shortly after the Christianisation of this region in 1413. The Grand Duke of Lithuania Vytautas was the founder of the church. In 1421, he issued an endowment act, which donated the land and the peasants, maintaining the church. The first church was wooden. On the initiative of the Grand Chancellor of Lithuania and the elder of Kaunas, Pinsk, and Veliuona Albrecht Stanislaw Radziwiłł in 1635, the construction of a new brick church began, consecrated by Samogitian bishop Jerzy Tyszkiewicz on 10 January 1644. In the late 17th - mid-19th century, there was a prepository with four mansionary priests obliged to sing the Little Hours of the Virgin (the so-called Kurst). The church of Veliuona successfully survived the wars that have devastated Lithuania for several centuries but suffered greatly during the First World War. Until 1921, the church was renovated under the leadership of the parson Vladislovas Polonskis. Various Catholic fraternities and organisations were active in the church of Veliuona, the oldest of which was the Fraternity of the Holy Rosary founded in 1686 by Samogitian tenutary Kazimierz Chrzczonowicz. During the interwar period, as many as eight Catholic organisations were in the parish of Veliuona. Veliuona had traditional territorially defined institutions of the community of believers (parish) - a parsonage, sheltered housing, and a school. A study of the sources allowed us to move backwards the date of construction of the parsonage (before 1745), which has survived to the present day. The article reveals the care of the church, parsonage, sheltered housing, and household buildings by the most prominent priests of Veliuona (Cypryan Niezabitowski, Marcyan Giedroyć, etc.), briefly describes the activities of Veliuona parish and church clergy, as well as the church archive. [From the publication p. 409]

Subject:
Permalink:
https://www.lituanistika.lt/content/104849
Updated:
2024-06-06 08:55:10
Metrics:
Views: 9
Export: